¿What is PdM?
Predictive maintenance (PdM) is the set of actions that are executed on assets to detect or correct failures early, in order to prevent these failures from causing losses in processes or severe damage to monitored machines.
To perform predictive maintenance, it is necessary to perform a constant monitoring of assets and to implement a system capable of interpreting the enormous amount of generated data. Based on its artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms, and enrolling in the paradigm of Industria 4.0, Terative is able to report the variations that occur in the operating patterns of different machines, and establish the possible causes of these variations.
Differences with other maintenance strategies
Predictive maintenance advantages
- Reduces the cost of asset failures
- Decreases the time spent on maintenance.
- Minimizes overtime costs by scheduling activities based on asset status information.
- Reduces the replacement of functional parts.
- Minimizes the requirement of emergency spare parts.
- Optimizes maintenance intervals
- Reduces the chances of collateral damage to the system.